Make Eid festive by making brownies with our Islamic holiday cookie cutters. Get the recipe below.
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter using a double boiler. (To make a double boiler, fill a small saucepan halfway up with water and place another bowl on top so it sits over the saucepan. Bring the saucepan to a simmer and melt butter and chocolate in the bowl on top of the saucepan.)
- Meanwhile, cream together sugar and eggs using an electric beater until light in colour and frothy on the sides.
- Fold chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Sift in flour, add vanilla and salt. Combine well using a wooden spatula (not an electric beater.)
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for approximately 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely in pan. Then remove from pan onto a chopping block and use the cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Finish by dusting with icing sugar. (Use this technique to create an 8 pointed star design in the center of the brownies, if desired. Be sure to reduce the template size to fit the brownies.)
Recipe by Manal for Hello Holy Days!