Pom pom sheep are fun for kids to make, but hang them on decorative branches and you have an effortless centerpiece for Eid al Adha! This centerpiece works well for a dining table if you’re having a sit-down dinner, or display on a side table in your home, like in the foyer or family room. It works great as a focal point for displaying favour bags or gifts. For this project, a pom pom maker was used to make the sheep, but you can easily use a fork or piece of cardboard to make your pompoms as well.
- Clover* Pom pom maker, 3-3/8″
- White yarn
- Black pom poms, 1″ in size
- Black pom poms 1/2″ in size
- Glue gun
- Follow the instructions on the back of packaging for making pom poms with the Clover pom pom maker. Or watch a video tutorial like this one.
- Glue 4 small black pom poms to the bottom of the white pom pom. These will be the sheep’s legs.
- Glue the large black pom pom to the side of the white pom pom for the head.
- Trim the bottom of the pom pom to show the legs more clearly and to shape the pom pom into an oval shape, rather than perfectly round.
- Hang from decorative branches placed in a vase.