If you haven’t heard by now, Ramadan has a set of colours. (An explanation on that here.) When even our food is made to represent holiday colours it makes the holiday feel extra festive and fun, particularly for little kids. To embrace the purple and yellow colours of Ramadan, make this healthy Ramadan smoothie featuring blueberries (purple) and mango (yellow).
- 1 banana
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 medjool date (optional, depending on how sweet you like your smoothie)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 mango
- Place all the ingredients except for the mango in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Adjust any ingredients based off your own individual taste and pour into glasses.
- Peel and cut a mango into half. Use a 1″ star cookie cutter to cut a star shape from the mango. To cut a moon shape from the mango, use a small round cookie cutter and press it twice to make a crescent shape. (I show how to do this in this my Ramadan fruit kebobs post as well.)
- Make a small indent on the star with a knife and place it on the rim of the glass for a festive topper. For the moon, insert it onto a bamboo stick to make a swizzle stick to place in your smoothie. Finish with yellow straws and serve.
This recipe makes enough for 2 small servings or 1 large serving.