With Eid al Adha coming up, grab the kiddos and try your hand at this paper tube ram craft! (This craft has small parts and requires a hot glue gun so it’s definitely the kind of craft that needs adult attention – best suited for ages 6 and up!)
- Cardboard tube
- Acrylic paint, in black, brown and white
- Cardstock paper, in black, brown, beige and white
- Pipe cleaners, black, brown, gold (or white)
- Black marker
- Small googly eyes
- White glue
- Hot glue gun
- Cut off one third of the paper tube. Use a pencil to make an arch along the bottom edge of the tube. Cut out the arch. This will be the space between two of the ram hooves.
- Use the arch you just cut out to trace three more arches around the tube. Space them out evenly and you should have all 4 of the ram’s hooves, with the ram being able to stand up on its own.
- Paint the ram in a colour of your choice. Set aside to dry.
- Draw the shape of a ram’s head onto a matching piece of cardstock to the colour you just painted your ram. Cut out the head shape.
- Draw a triangle with rounded edges for the snout onto beige coloured cardstock. Cut out and paste it onto the head.
- Glue googly eyes onto the ram’s head. Use a black marker on the snout to draw out the nose and mouth. Also add detailing to the hooves with the black marker.
- Cut two pieces of pipe cleaner and curl each one with your finger. Hot glue the pipe cleaners to the back of the ram’s head. These will be the horns.
- Once the paint is dry on the ram’s body, add a bit of hot glue to the rim of the tube. Attach the ram’s head to the rim.