Make way – these foam pilgrims are on their way to Mecca! For an easy Eid al Adha craft for small children, make an assortment of pilgrims using precut gingerbread men foam shapes purchased from Michael’s during after Christmas sales. They come in value packs (32 pieces) and each pack contains gingerbread men in 3 different shades of brown. As someone of South Asian descent these colours work perfect for my family but of course if you feel the colours don’t represent your family, you can always trace and cut more pilgrims from foam colours that do!
- Gingrebread men foam shape value pack by Creatology
- White foam
- Googly eyes (ages 3+ – use markers for children under 3)
- Black marker
- Printable template
- Print and cut out male and female pilgrim outfits from template. Trace outfits onto white foam and cut out.
- Glue outfits onto gingerbread men foam shapes.
- Glue googly eyes onto the pilgrims. If the googly eyes present a choking hazard for the child’s age, draw eyes with a black marker instead.
- Use a black marker to add smiles and detailing, like a shaved head on the male pilgrim, or how the hijab is tied on the female pilgrim.
Did you make this DIY of ours? We’d love to see it! Share with us on Instagram or Facebook @helloholydays.
If you make this DIY and share photos of your version on your own blog, please be sure to include a link back to this page as your source of inspiration and tag @helloholydays on all social media.
All Hello Holy Days! ideas are for personal use only. Please do not create projects from Hello Holy Days for the purpose of selling them.