One of the best things about having colours associated with a holiday is that you can put together festive ideas so easily. A trail mix is always a crowd pleaser at any party so for a Ramadan or Eid al Fitr party, make a purple and gold themed trail mix! (For more info on Ramadan and Eid al Fitr’s colours, please see here.) Display your trail mix on a purple table runner and scatter gold star confetti all around the table runner for a festive set up!
- Chex mix
- Caramel popcorn (I used caramel popcorn for its gold colour but you can also use white popcorn – it might help bring out the colour of the yellow smarties)
- Yogurt covered pretzels (the white is a nod to the crescent moon!)
- Star shaped sprinkles (also called quins)
- Separate purple and yellow coloured smarties from the rest of the smarties.
- Toss the chex mix, popcorn, pretzels and smarties into a bag and shake well. Transfer to a bowl.
- Top with star shaped sprinkles and serve.
Did you make this DIY of ours? We’d love to see it! Share with @helloholydays on Instagram or Facebook.
If you make this DIY and share photos of your version on your own blog, please be sure to include a link back to this page as your source of inspiration and tag @helloholydays on all social media.
If reposting a picture, please give photo credit to Manal Aman and link back to Hello Holy Days!
All Hello Holy Days! ideas are for personal use only. Please do not create projects from Hello Holy Days for the purpose of selling them.
Hello Holy Days Shop!
Shop products by Hello Holy Days!