Celebrate Eid al Adha with my pipecleaner Kaaba craft. Easy and fun to make, hang it up as a beautiful kid-made ornament in celebration of the holiday. Here, I’ve placed glitter green branches in a vase to hang up our Kaaba ornament.
I like to use the Kaaba as a symbol for Eid al Adha because the Kaaba is central to Hajj. And Eid al Adha is celebrated to mark the conclusion of Hajj every year.
This is a great craft for little kids still learning their basic shapes and colors. The fuzzy texture of the pipecleaners will help kids develop their sensory skills and the act of placing the beads on the pipecleaner will help practice their fine motion skills.
So let’s get started!
- 1 black pipecleaner
- 1 yellow pipecleaner
- Yellow beads (a variety of sizes and tones can be found in assorted bead packs)
- Golden twine
- Fold the black pipecleaner in half, and then into quarters to make it into a square shape. Secure the ends of the pipecleaner together by twisting.
- Cut a piece of the yellow pipecleaner to be a little bigger than the width of the black square.
- Place the beads onto the piece of yellow pipecleaner cut in step 2.
- Now, secure the beaded yellow pipecleaner onto the black square. This will be the golden line on the Kaaba.
- Make a door for the Kaaba by cutting another small piece of yellow pipecleaner and bending it into an arch shape. Secure the door slightly to the left hand side of the pipecleaner Kaaba.
- To hang up your pipecleaner Kaaba as an ornament, cut a piece of golden twine and tie it at the top of the pipecleaner so it’s nice and tight (this will prevent the ornament from hanging lopsided). Then make another knot with the twine to create a loop for hanging.
Did you make this DIY of ours? We’d love to see it! Share with us on social media @helloholydays.
If you make this DIY and share photos of your version on your own blog, please be sure to include a link back to this page as your source of inspiration and tag @helloholydays on all social media.
Hello Holy Days Shop!
Shop products by Hello Holy Days!