Ramadan Paper Chain
Ramadan is known as the month of blessed nights; create a paper chain garland with a celestial vibe to fit the occasion. Use removable hooks and drape this paper chain garland off a fireplace mantel or a bannister. It’s a graceful way to add some festivity to your home – and the kids will love to help put it together! The materials and directions listed here makes a garland measuring approximately 6.5 feet (2 meters.)
- 3 sheets of purple card stock paper
- 3 sheets of metallic gold card stock paper
- Scrap of white paper
- Gold foil star stickers
- Double sided tape
- Cut the purple and gold sheets of paper into 2″ x 11″ strips.
- Fold the white paper multiple times over into a small rectangle; using a small circular object (like the cap of a glue stick or a coin) trace a crescent shape onto the paper. Cut the shape to reveal several crescents. You will need approximately 5 – 6 crescents on one strip of paper.
- On some of the purple strips, glue crescents and add gold star stickers.
- Assemble the paper chain by sticking a piece of double sided tape to one end of the paper strip and bending it into a circle. Continue to make the garland by interlinking circles. Alternate between gold paper, plain purple paper and purple paper with crescents and stars.