Ramadan is known as the month of blessed nights; create a paper chain garland with a celestial vibe to fit the occasion. Use removable hooks and drape this paper chain garland off a fireplace mantel or a bannister. It’s a graceful way to add some festivity to your home – and the kids will love to help put it together! The materials and directions listed here makes a garland measuring approximately 6.5 feet (2 meters.) Our garland is purple and gold in alignment with our theory on Muslim holiday colors.
- 3 sheets of purple card stock paper
- 3 sheets of metallic gold card stock paper
- Scrap of white paper
- Gold foil star stickers
- Double sided tape
- Cut the purple and gold sheets of paper into 2″ x 11″ strips.
- Fold the white paper multiple times over into a small rectangle; using a small circular object (like the cap of a glue stick or a coin) trace a crescent shape onto the paper. Cut the shape to reveal several crescents. You will need approximately 5 – 6 crescents on one strip of paper.
- On some of the purple strips, glue crescents and add gold star stickers.
- Assemble the paper chain by sticking a piece of double sided tape to one end of the paper strip and bending it into a circle. Continue to make the garland by interlinking circles. Alternate between gold paper, plain purple paper and purple paper with crescents and stars.
Hello Holy Days Shop!
Shop products by Hello Holy Days!