These garlic bread bites in the shape of crescents and stars will be adored by kids and adults alike this Ramadan and Eid. Stuffed with ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese and finished with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley they make a satisfying snack. You can try any kind of filling with these treats such as, ground beef, chopped hot dogs, veggies or nuts. If you’d like to take a sweet approach, consider sweetened cream cheese or chocolate and a drizzle of icing.
You will need:
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescents dough
- Mozzarella cheese, cut into rectangular chunks
- 2″ cookie cutter
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Open one of the cans of dough and lay out dough for 5 crescents on a baking sheet. (Each can of Pillsbury Crescents contains 8 perforated triangles to make 8 crescents.)
- Place a chunk of mozzarella cheese on each of the 5 triangles and roll up into crescent shape.
- Use the remaining 3 triangles to cut out star shapes with the cookie cutter; place on a separate baking sheet from crescent rolls.
- Cut out as many stars are possible, then roll up scraps into a ball and with a rolling pin flatten dough out again. Cut more stars.
- Continue cutting stars until all the dough is used. The dough of 3 triangles makes approximately 13 – 15 stars.
- Preheat oven to 275F and place the baking tray with the stars in the freezer for 5 minutes, to ensure stars won’t lose their shape while baking.
- Mix melted butter and garlic powder. Remove stars from freezer and baste with butter mixture.
- Bake stars in 275F oven for approximately 10 minutes; meanwhile, baste mutter mixture onto crescent rolls as well.
- When the stars are done, remove from oven and baste with butter mixture once more and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. If desired, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella as well.
- Increase oven temperature to the recommended temperature on package for baking crescents (350F or 375F depending on your tray).
- Bake crescents for 10 – 12 minutes. When done, baste once more with butter mixture and add chopped parsley. Arrange crescents and stars in a bread basket and serve warm.
Makes 10 crescents and approximately 26 – 30 stars.
* This is not a sponsored post. We just think this product happens to work great for Muslim holidays.
Hello Holy Days Shop!
Shop products by Hello Holy Days!