Crescent Star Garlic Bread Bites
These garlic bread bites in the shape of crescents and stars will be adored by kids and adults alike this Ramadan and Eid. Stuffed with ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese and finished with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley they make a satisfying snack. You can try any kind of filling with these treats such as, ground beef, chopped hot dogs, veggies or nuts. If you’d like to take a sweet approach, consider sweetened cream cheese or chocolate and a drizzle of icing.
You will need:
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescents dough
- Mozzarella cheese, cut into rectangular chunks
- 2″ cookie cutter
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Open one of the cans of dough and lay out dough for 5 crescents on a baking sheet. (Each can of Pillsbury Crescents contains 8 perforated triangles to make 8 crescents.)
- Place a chunk of mozzarella cheese on each of the 5 triangles and roll up into crescent shape.
- Use the remaining 3 triangles to cut out star shapes with the cookie cutter; place on a separate baking sheet from crescent rolls.
- Cut out as many stars are possible, then roll up scraps into a ball and with a rolling pin flatten dough out again. Cut more stars.
- Continue cutting stars until all the dough is used. The dough of 3 triangles makes approximately 13 – 15 stars.
- Preheat oven to 275F and place the baking tray with the stars in the freezer for 5 minutes, to ensure stars won’t lose their shape while baking.
- Mix melted butter and garlic powder. Remove stars from freezer and baste with butter mixture.
- Bake stars in 275F oven for approximately 10 minutes; meanwhile, baste mutter mixture onto crescent rolls as well.
- When the stars are done, remove from oven and baste with butter mixture once more and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. If desired, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella as well.
- Increase oven temperature to the recommended temperature on package for baking crescents (350F or 375F depending on your tray).
- Bake crescents for 10 – 12 minutes. When done, baste once more with butter mixture and add chopped parsley. Arrange crescents and stars in a bread basket and serve warm.
Makes 10 crescents and approximately 26 – 30 stars.
* This is not a sponsored post. We just think this product happens to work great for Muslim holidays.