Make a Ramadan date place setting! With a few simple materials, you can make this craft in a matter of minutes for a special touch to your Ramadan table. This craft uses supermarket pitless dates that already have a hole in the center. A sturdy North African honey date is best for this project. To aid in threading ribbon quickly through the date, a bamboo skewer helps.
- 2 pitless dates
- 18″ ribbon
- Bamboo skewer
- Construction paper
- White pen
- Dinner napkin
- Fold one end of ribbon around bamboo skewer. Holding the ribbon under your thumb, thread skewer through one date. Pull skewer out completely.
- Bring date closer to end of ribbon and tie double knot at end. Trim off excess ribbon.
- Repeat steps 1-2 at other end of ribbon.
- Tie ribbon around folded dinner napkin, finishing with a bow.
- Cut a piece of construction paper in the shape of a leaf. To make it resemble a date palm leaf, cut slits around the edge.
- Write guest’s name on leaf and tuck under ribbon.
Hello Holy Days Shop!
Shop products by Hello Holy Days!