As Eid-ul-Adha slowly makes it way out of autumn and into summer, embrace the season before it’s gone with a stunning fall wreath. Our autumn Eid wreath is made with dried dates as a nod to the Prophetic tradition of celebrating Eid with dates. Hang this wreath above a table or on a door for festive party decor.
- 16″ foam wreath form
- 5 packets of dried dates, 400g each
- Dark brown all-surface spray paint (read label to ensure it can be used on styrofoam)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire hook for foam wreaths
- Golden ribbon, 1 1/2 meter.
- Spray paint foam wreath and let dry.
- Secure a row of dates onto inside of wreath using glue gun, and another row of dates onto outer edge.
- Then arrange dates onto surface of wreath in a brick-like pattern, overlapping with the row of dates on the edges. Continue filling the surface of the wreath all the way around.
- Finish by applying more rows of dates to the outer and inner edges of wreath till foam is covered.
- At back, attach hook to wreath by inserting wire legs completely into foam.
- Tie ribbon around wreath and hang onto wall.
TIP: Empty all 5 packets of dates onto a large tray. Sort through sizes and apply larger dates first while using the smaller dates to fill in gaps.