Henna Hands Greeting Cards
For some Muslim cultures, henna, or mehndi, is a big part of Eid celebrations. The night before Eid women and children get intricate henna designs on their hands so on Eid day their hands are stained with a fresh, dark espresso colour. If you’ve got a little one, make these henna hand greeting cards to engage her (or him!) in this age old Eid tradition with a North American twist. They’re great for handing out to family, friends or teachers – and for added fun, consider combining the cards with candy or treats.
- Cardstock, various colours
- Dark brown stamping pad
- Floral vine or arabesque stamps
- Alphabet stamps
- Place hand with fingers widespread on cardstock, trace with pencil and cut out using scissors.
- Add designs using floral or arabesque stamps and stamping pad.
- Use the alphabet stamps to write a greeting on either the front or back of the hand (depending on your design.)